11:22 AM

My Blogging Experience...

Wow!  I did not realize how difficult it would be to make my page look appealing to others.  When I first started, I picked a green template and uploaded a picture right in the middle of my blog article.  I showed my sister because I thought it looked awesome.  When I saw the reaction on her face, I knew I didn't do as a good of a job as I thought I had.  I quickly asked what went wrong.  She explained to me that you need to stick to only a few colors in order to make your blog or whatever project you are working on not hurt other people's eyes.  She also pointed out that images do no good if they are blocking your words.  Nobody will read them and it will be to overstimulating.  My sister is a freak when it comes to this kind of stuff.  She tutored me on how to pick good font colors to go with my background.  Now I am all set!  However, she never blogged before, so that's where I got to teach her how to do this!  Then she helped pick the template and font colors.  She had fun learning how to do this, and I had fun teaching her how!  


My sister was desperate to learn how to make blog website because I told her how useful a blog can be for parent/teacher/student communication, especially since she will be teaching sixth graders next year who most likely know how to work the internet.  Besides utilizing this in my future career for communicating with my students and their families, I can make a personal one to keep in touch with my family and friends.  Similar to Facebook or MySpace, but much more private.  

My suggestion to anyone interested in making a blog is to first of all know your purpose.  Is this going to some how communicate for a job purpose or is this for family and friends?  Pick topics and blogs that will be useful to these specific ideas.  Also, nothing is completely private, so be careful what you put on here.  You never know who is reading this!  Also, pick pleasing color schemes and simple fonts.  Stick to only a few colors otherwise the blog page becomes to chaotic looking.  Don't forget, never stick an image behind your writing unless it's very light and simple!  This will make it difficult to read your writing and will be very distracting!

0 comments: